Wednesday 2 April 2014

Witnessing random acts of kindness in the unlikeliest of places!

Hello My Beautiful Butterfly Friends,

As I am sure that I have mentioned in previous videos that I really wanted to get my blog off the ground.
So I thought what better way to start my blogging off then sharing with you an amazing thing that I witnessed the other day.......

........On Sunday 30th March (Mothers Day in the UK) I was at work (for those of you that don't know my day job is in Lidl). Anyway as I am sure you know it gets really busy in Lidl's and we are not like other supermarkets as we provide really quick service on the checkouts.

 It was really busy and a long day as I had been on the checkout the whole time, so I was feeling tired, irritable & ready to go home. I then served this older gentleman who if I had to guess was in his 70's. There was nothing unusual or extraordinary about this man he was just going about his everyday life. When it came time to pay, his shopping came to over £50 he put his bank card in the machine to pay and then he got this pin number wrong, which in itself isn't unusual people do it all the time, I have as I am sure you probably have as well.

So we tried again, the machine timed out so we had to go through the whole process for a third time.         By this point there was a large queue forming at my till and one of my colleagues rang for someone else to come onto the till to help with the queue. The man was getting flustered and worried that there was a problem with his card as he knew he had money in there.

There was a young couple and their infant son behind him waiting to be served. The man tried to make light of the situation as he said that he had dementia but that he wasn't that bad. The couple didn't say anything. The man then got his wallet out to see if he had enough money.

He was counting his money and he was short. Going home and coming back wasn't an option as he lived the other side of the town.

Suddenly the young lady behind asked me how much he was short by and I did a quick calculation and it was about £15. She then said that she would pay it. She reached into her purse and gave me the money. The man was so grateful, he kept thanking the young lady.

He kept saying over and over how he "could never repay" her. He kept asking for her number or address to send her the money. She just kept telling him over & over not to worry about it. The look of gratitude on his face was beautiful.

It was such a lovely and thoughtful thing to do. I found myself grinning from ear to ear. That lady's kindness not only rubbed off on me but on the other customers in the queue. What made it even more special was that it was mothers day. A day when she should of been being spoilt by her family and she was doing something selfless for someone else.

What I saw touched me so much that I had to share it with you and I have felt compelled to pay it forward.

Thank you for reading and for watching my videos. Bright Blessings
Fae X O X O

1 comment: